Monday, February 13, 2006

Wronging the Right

By a show of hands, how many of you haven’t given at least some serious thought that maybe Cheney shot Whittington on purpose?  Not that you think it’s true, but to at least have given it some consideration.  And while Whittington was apparently a Republican, this article suggests that he was kind of a righteous hard-ass who liked having a reputation for such righteous hard-assery; even sometimes going against his Republican buddies.  And if there’s one thing that a righteous hard-ass hates, it’s unrighteous hard-asses like Dick Cheney.  And if there’s one thing that an unrighteous hard-ass likes to do, it’s to be unrighteous towards the righteous.  And what is more unrighteous than a little unexpected shotgun blast to the face?

Again, I’m not saying anything.  I’m just wondering if anyone out there hadn’t spent a little time running this through the old processers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would it be irresponsible to speculate? It would be irresponsible not to.

Doctor Biobrain said...

Yes, I'm now two-for-two on my read Greenwald to getting linked to by him. I think maybe I'm going to have to read him more regularly to get more linkage action.

I never announced this before, but Glenn's first link to me finally broke my Jonah Goldberg curse. Before then, the most hits I ever received came from a link from Goldberg at NRO. But thanks to Glenn, I have now buried that Goldberg post. And what's weird, before that happened, I had never heard of Greenwald.