Monday, January 21, 2008

Happy Milk Day, Everyone!

I'm not sure why milk gets its own federal holiday, but I'll take whatever I can get. I suppose it is a pretty decent drink (though less healthy than many imagine), and it gives us butter, cheese, and cream, and I can't complain about that. So I guess it really is deserving of a special day of recognition. I'm not sure why retailers haven't gotten into this by putting up pictures of cows and udders everywhere, but perhaps that'll be next. This is a relatively new holiday and I understand that some southerners have found it to be somewhat controversial, for reasons I can't quite fathom. Perhaps they're lactose intolerant, I don't know. But whatever the case is, I hope you have an excellent Milk Day and drink a tall glass of the white stuff for me!


Update: Sorry. I really don't know what I'm talking about and I apologize.

No comments: