Friday, April 14, 2006

Tax Due Date: April 17

Not that you need it, but thought I’d just give a reminder to all my loyal readers to get their taxes filed by Monday, or at least to file a six-month extension.  And that if you owe money, you have to pay it by Monday, even if you file an extension.  But if you don’t owe money or are due a refund, there is no penalty for filing late.  And if you haven’t done your taxes yet, here’s the IRS’s free-file page for links on how to use online tax software for free.  It’s the same software, but for free if you click through that link, so I like it.

If you have any tax questions, send them my way and I’ll see what I can do to help.  I don’t want personal info, but I’ll answer any general questions.  But remember, any advice I give is not my “professional opinion as a CPA”, but just a friendly opinion as someone who just happens to be a CPA.  So no suing for bad advice.

No comments: