Monday, April 30, 2007

Cheap Wine v. Crappy Beer

Why is it that some people who mock me for drinking boxed wine find it perfectly acceptable to drink piss beer like Coors and Budweiser? Sure, not all boxed wines are drinkable and they rarely compare with real wine. But some boxes are better than many cheap bottled wines, and they’re all better than crappy beer. And hell, if someone enjoys drinking crappy beer, I guess I don’t really have a problem with that. But I’ll be damned if I let some crappy beer drinker act all elitist simply because I drink cheap wine. I’m not proud of my boxed wine collection, but I see no reason why I should be ashamed either. I like it and it gets the job done, so I’ve got no complaints.

And that goes doubly for elitists who drink crappy pre-ground coffee from a can. I can accept all kinds of cheapness in alcohol drinkers, but coffee plays much too important a role in life to delegate it to some pre-ground bullshit that lost its flavor before it even left the bush. I’d rather have a pre-ground life than pre-ground coffee. At least the life can get better, but the coffee’s always going to suck.


P.S. My apologies to any loyal readers who drink crappy beer or coffee. You’ve already got a rough enough life and don’t need any extra guff from me.

No comments: