Saturday, November 17, 2007

Water for Everyone!

I just read this story about some problem Atlanta's having with their water supply or something and think this whole thing is stupid. Sure, I'm not some fancypants water bureaucrat, but the answer to this is much too obvious: Try using your sinks, dummies! No matter how bad the news people say the droughts are around here, I can always just open the faucet and let that juicy good stuff pour on out. Sometimes I'll just sit there for hours at a time watching it come out, and it doesn't even slow down. One time, I even turned on all the faucets in the house, including the outside ones, and just let it stay like that for two days. The worst thing that happened is that I ran out of hot water and had a soggy yard, but that's it. No worries.

So these people really need to get a grip on things. Sure, no rain is a bad thing, and low lake levels aren't cool, but there's always the faucets. It might not be as good as the bottled water I normally bathe in, but it is free. And you just can't complain about free.


Update: My mistake. I really don't know what I'm talking about.

4 comments:

A said...

Lawns, bathing, cleaning, OK -- but I really have to admit that I'm a little wary about drinking anything that comes out of Lake Travis.

Doctor Biobrain said...

I thought the water came from the aquifer. Either way, I don't have any problem drinking it. I hate bottled water, which is why I only use it for showering, baptising, and throwing at hobos when they get too close to my convoy.

A said...

that may well be true -- but even if that's so, consider that the water in the aquifer gets there by filtering down through austin itself. that's a disturbing thought in its own right.

Anonymous said...

This is a good post.