Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Book Pimping

I don’t normally do this kind of thing, but it seems the blogger Coturnix (aka Bora Zivkovic (an invented name if I’ve ever heard one)) has something to do with a science blog anthology titled The Open Laboratory: The Best Writing on Science Blogs 2006.  I can’t say I’ve actually read the thing, or any of the posts that are included in the book, but Coturnix has been a somewhat regular reader and commenter of mine, and best of all, recently nominated me for a few Koufaxes this year (including for the Most Deserving of Wider Recognition award, which I totally deserve), and I’m such a whore for that kind of thing that I don’t mind pimping Cotie’s book in return.  And hell, even if I don’t win a damn one (which I probably won’t), Coturnix’s early nomination sure did help bring in a few extra readers to my site, and that never hurts.

So if you’re interested in reading science blog writings or whatever, and all you were waiting on before purchasing it was the recommendation of someone who isn’t at all familiar with the book, I say go for it.  What’s the worst that could happen?  That you offend our anti-science creator, Suyvwity, who then punishes you for all eternity by making you watch old Bush speeches…and trying to defend them?  Sure, that’s pretty bad, but trust me.  Suyvwity sees everything and already knows you were sort of paying attention in those science classes all those years ago, instead of storming out in protest and flailing yourself in public.  So he was going to get you anyway and you might as well by the book.

Sure, I don’t know if it’s any good, but there’s a lot of worse crap you can buy for $19.95 ($8.69 download).  And with any luck, Coturnix will return the favor by nominating me yet again for the Most Deserving of Wider Recognition award next year; which I’ll still totally deserve, having still not won it this year.  Because I’m still not widely recognized enough for enough people to realize how deserving I am for wider recognition.  That’s irony, people.

1 comment:

Bora Zivkovic said...

Now you totally deserve to be more widely recognized!