Friday, March 28, 2008

My Obamahood

Well, damn. Here I was thinking that I was in some sort of Obama super-precinct, but then I just found out the number of Obama delegates that were assigned from our caucus and it wasn't nearly the blow-out I had imagined it was. Out of fifty-five possible delegates, Obama only got thirty-eight of them and Hillary got a full seventeeen. That's right, we barely doubled her numbers with only 69% of the vote; not nearly as impressive as I had imagined.

Of course, it looks like if all goes right at the county convention on Saturday, we should be sending three delegates on to the state convention, while Hillary only sends one. So it's basically like we're getting 75% of the delegates. And of course, if the Hillary people screw-up, they might miss-out on even getting that one delegate, and we'll sweep all four; which would mean they wouldn't even have needed to bother showing up that night.

But still, with the big Obama turn-out on caucus night early this month, I had imagined we'd be getting over 75% of the caucus outright and wouldn't have had to resort to mathematical games in order to get that kind of number. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to pick better neighbors next time, huh.

1 comment:

repsac3 said...

You can pick you nose.
You can pick your neighbors.
But you can't wipe your neighbors on the couch.