Friday, August 29, 2008

Obama Speech Pictures

Ok, so I wasn't actually invited to Denver to give one of those convention speeches where you wonder why the person even bothers talking because nobody cares what they said. In fact...I wasn't even invited to Denver at all. That's right, I admit it. Doctor Biobrain got snubbed at yet another Democratic National Convention. What can I say, it's all a big Democrat conspiracy, thanks to that one time I got a little tipsy at the super-secret blogtime political get together and spilled my Cosmopolitan all over Nancy Pelosi's pantsuit...after I had already swallowed it (the Cosmopolitan, not the pantsuit). It could have happened to anyone.

But...I have been to an Obama rally here in Austin, as I'm sure all y'all remember from my post back in February. And I totally forgot that I never posted the pictures I took at the rally, and man were you people really missing out. So, with no further ado, here's the best of the pictures I took:



I got there an hour before it started and as you can see, I really wasn't very close. So you can kind of guess how crowded it was. And no, I wasn't at the back of the crowd and was glad to have gotten as close as I did.

And just so you understand, Obama is the guy you can't see behind those four dudes. I'm guessing they were Secret Service guys designed to make sure a sniper wouldn't have a clear shot at Obama, though it's quite possible they were just drunk frat guys that nobody had the nerve to tell to sit down. Austin is like that sometimes. But I'm pretty damn sure that was Obama speaking on the other side of them, though I never really did get a clear view of him and it might have just been some joker in an Obama suit. Either way, it was a great rally and I'll never forget it.

Here are two more pics:





Oh, and I never did mention my favorite part of the speech: It was when Obama made some remark about being black and I loudly exclaimed "He's black??" much to the amusement of everyone around me. Or perhaps you just had to be there.

Another Convention

And hey, while I'm at it, I might as well post the pictures I took at the Democratic Convention I did go to, which was the Travis County convention. I actually got to be a delegate, which is the closest I'll ever get to having my presidential opinion count for anything here in Texas. Oh well. That Hispanic majority will be coming soon, and then perhaps the Electoral College will give a crap about me (thanks Republican racists).

Anyway, here's what it looked like at the Democratic Convention I went to in March.





It ain't the Pepsi Center, but at least some of the food wasn't too expensive. I ended up eating popcorn for lunch, as the line was too long for the "real" food. Thank god I had the donut on the way there, or I would have starved.

No comments: