Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Commies Are Coming!!!

There are Marxists?? I mean, for real? Marxists. I'm now convinced that there are no real conservatives; just varying degrees of parody as performance art. The crackpot I've been debating lately has even tossed out the term "Stalinist," as if that describes some real world people rather than a silly slur that's lived past its prime. Will these people ever grow up? Wait, don't answer. Silly question.

Now this isn't to say that I don't think there are some people who might espouse Marxist-style theories, but I'm fairly confident that we can now safely retire the word "Marxist" from regular usage. And the idea that anyone is a "Stalinist" is entirely laughable. Sure, I suppose there might be a few dead-enders here and there who might still use those terms to refer to themselves, but they'd just be contrarians looking for attention and not any serious group we need to be concerned with.

Thus said, Obama's a Marxist and he's going to institute worldwide Communism on January 21, 2009. Try to act surprised.

No comments: