Friday, April 25, 2008

The Weepy Americans

Wow, I guess I'm a virulent anti-American after all, assuming Peggy Noonan's entirely sane criteria is correct. Not only have I never cried thinking about the Wright Brothers or Henry Ford, but it's never even occurred to me before that I should have. Shit, and to think I always thought it was just enough to be proud of my country. Foolish me.

Well now that I know, will the waterworks start-up? Let's see. Henry Ford, Henry Ford, Henry Ford. Arrrrrrr. Arrrrrr. Nope, not even a drop. Well shit, I guess I really do hate America, based entirely on my inability to cry while thinking about a Nazi-sympathizer who helped invent the modern assemblyline. I guess now it's just a matter of determining whether I want to join the Islamolesbofascists or if I should go old school and support their Soviet Overlords who are still secretly plotting world domination. I wonder if I'm supposed to cry when thinking about those groups, or if Peggy's test only works for weepy Americans.

Oh, and btw, people from other countries have never invented anything. America is the only country that has allowed people to go off on their own and change things. Peggy Noonan is a brilliant person with a true understanding of history.

No comments: