Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Crazy for President

So, Atrios thinks I'm crazy just because I really want to be president, huh. Does he honestly think someone with the temerity to have written six posts on his own candidacy, as well as running a campaign with no financing, no public support, and who hasn't left the state of Texas in over five years would be "crazy" for trying to be president? Really?

Of course, we all know what game he's really up to. He's just using a little reverse psychology to make us all feel stupid for running for president, just so we'll drop out and then he can swoop in at the last minute and claim the big prize all to himself. Well I fell for that one once before and I'm not going to let it happen again (crudeness alert on that last link!). I'm committed to winning this sucker (or get a plumb VP spot), and I'm not going to let some two-bit blogger psyche me out of it, even if he controls a blog powerful enough to crush me with one link.

Besides, as evidenced above, I've already paid twice the commitment that Fred Thompson has, and he hasn't bowed out yet. And he's just a fat old man who gets his smell from a bottle, while I'm a moderately fit-ish thirty-something with a natural musk that comes from eating real hamburgers. All I need is for a few Washington pundits to get a whiff of my aroma while I drop a few policy-ish sounding factoids which makes it sound like I know what I'm talking about and I'm in. By the time they find out that I actually do know what I'm talking about, it'll be too late.

The more they struggle to impeach me, the more my approval ratings will skyrocket. Who knows, maybe if they attack me hard enough, I'll actually be able to accomplish something. I could be signing Universal Healthcare into existence as the Senate finalizes my conviction, and perhaps even get us out of Iraq from my prison cell. With these guys against me, I might go down as the greatest president ever. And Atrios dares call me crazy.

No comments: