Monday, February 06, 2006

Pajamadama-Ding-Dongs

I sometimes regret the choice of the name “Doctor Biobrain” as my blogname.  Sure, it’s my real name and everything, but sometimes I’m afraid that it scares people off.  Like I’m just some sort of doofy villain from a bad 1950’s sci-fi movie (I’m actually a doofy villain in real life).  And when the cooler bloggers have names like “Atrios” and “Digby” and “Josh Marshall”, “Doctor Biobrain” might not be the coolest.  But one thing is for certain: It’s a helleva lot better than “Pajamas Media” or the triply gay-ass (though not in the homosexual sense) “Powerline”.  That’s just embarrassing.  

I liked this exchange with Senator Durbin:

DURBIN: No, you’ve got it wrong. You’ve got it wrong. I don’t know – who do you work for, incidentally?Q: Powerline and Pajamas Media.DURBIN: Jamas Media?Q: Pajamas Media. DURBIN: Pajama Media?Q: And Powerline.DURBIN: Okay, I’m sorry I wasn’t familiar with your publication. But I will just tell you this: the argument is the Constitution spells out the powers of the president, as well as the powers of the legislative branch and the judicial branch. And statutes will be followed if, in fact, they put exclusive authority. That’s was FISA does. It creates the word “exclusive means” – exclusive authority. And they are reading more into it now than the statute obviously allows. Q: But did you hear Gonzales say –DURBIN: I’ll check out Pajamaline, but I’m not familiar with your publication.

Atrios didn’t mention which jammyman this was, but needless to say, all the Powerliners have worse names than Biobrain too.  But what do you expect from doofs who believe that Congress is supposed to retroactively approve of a president’s illegal activities; and that until they do so, the Attorney General’s opinion outranks a Senator’s.  

2 comments:

Doctor Biobrain said...

Damn, the spacing on that quote is all wrong. How'd that happen? Oh well, I'm too busy/lazy to fix it; so tough.

Anonymous said...

I hope this becomes a meme. Everyone should refer to Powerline as Pajamaline.