Friday, September 29, 2006

Tales of Kitty Valor

I’ve promised no cat blogging before, but I just read Atrios’ pathetic tale of kitty valor and wanted to state that he’s got nothing on my kitties. Just this morning, I found a fairly large lizard with its head crushed in our door and its tail twenty-five feet away. These are some rough cats I’ve got. If I’m in a feisty mood, I might just post pictures of it tonight. Very gruesome.

And don’t even get me started on the mangled bird they left for me in my bedroom when I came back from X-mas vacation a few years back. It was still mostly alive and I had to fight it off with paperclips and a shoebox. My wife still laughs about that, but only because she wasn’t there. I’m telling you, I have no doubts that birds were once dinosaurs. Thank god for cats.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can top that. My cat when I was a kid measured a solid 3 feet from head to tail, nearly killed our neighbor's cat (they called to complain that he'd been mangled and we were like what? our cat looks fine) and regularly fought with the raccoons around the house (we lived in the mountains) with nary a scratch to show for it. He was so big I could barely lift him. I'm pretty sure he constituted some kind of mutant breed.