Thursday, November 03, 2005

A Fashion God Indeed

Oh my fucking god!  Per AP, regarding recent Michael Brown email releases:

"My eyes must certainly be deceiving me. You look fabulous — and I'm not talking the makeup," writes Cindy Taylor, FEMA's deputy director of public affairs to Brown on 7:10 a.m. local time on Aug. 29.
"I got it at Nordstroms," Brown writes back. "Are you proud of me? Can I quit now? Can I go home?" An hour later, Brown adds: "If you'll look at my lovely FEMA attire, you'll really vomit. I am a fashion god."
A week later, Brown's aide, Sharon Worthy, reminds him to pay heed to his image on TV. "In this crises and on TV you just need to look more hardworking ... ROLL UP THE SLEEVES!" Worthy wrote, noting that even President Bush "rolled his sleeves to just below the elbow."

Not that there should be anything too shocking about this, but it still is.  I guess the shocking part was that I had kind of always assumed that this kind of stuff was saved for Bush.  Both the underling’s lavishing praise and the whole PR/appearances idea of government work.  But I guess this extends to his staff too.  I’m just hoping that they were having an affair or something, or that maybe she wanted to.  That’d be far better than if this was just the normal way that his aides talked to him.

To be honest, I saw pictures of Brownie, and none of them seemed particularly fabulous or fashionable.  I guess I’m just not into that kind of thing and don’t notice stuff like that.  I wonder if it would sadden him to know that we weren’t giving him any style points at the time.  The only thing he got right, and we didn’t even notice.

No comments: