Thursday, May 19, 2005

Remarkable

Oh god dammit! Dammit! Dammit! DAMMIT! I had just about finished this really excellent post about that jerkoff Santorum and his stupid quote suggesting that Democrats who complained about Republicans changing the rules was similar to Hitler complaining about the allies bombing his city of Paris after he captured it. It was a stupid quote, but rather than engage in pretend outrage, I was focusing on this line:

"Some are suggesting we're trying to change the law, we're trying to break the rules. Remarkable. Remarkable hubris."

And I wrote this long post about how it was a typical example of Republicans accusing Democrats of doing the very thing that the Republicans are doing. Including the inappropriate use of the term "hubris" to describe us, which doesn't make any sense when used against us; but is entirely appropriate against them (as my next post will show). And that Santorum was just using it because it's a word that we use against them. And how, by using it, he's intentionally devaluing the word so that it will mean less when we use it against them. And how the Repubs do this kind of thing so that the media and fence-sitting moderates will think that our accusations against the Repubs are all part of silly partisan politics, instead of valid accusations.

And then, while I was trying to quote an example of right-wingers who used the "Teflon President" label to describe Clinton, when it had originally been a label on Reagan (an obviously inappropriate usage on Clinton, because everything stuck to him, including lots of fake stuff (and even "Teflon President" didn't seem to stick to Reagan)); but something went wrong. I hit the wrong button or something, and a freaked-out version of my post came back, mostly missing. Oh dammit, what the hell's wrong with this shit? Or was it me? I don't know. Maybe it was the quote, which came from Free Republic. Maybe they somehow screwed-up my machine.

No, it was my fault. I know it was. But I still don't know what happened. Oh man. This sucks. It was a pretty good post too. Too long, of course. But still good. Now it's gone. All gone. Oh well, you got the gist of it here, even if you missed a bunch of good stuff. Better luck next time, eh?

No comments: